Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Are you looking for an editor?


It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you are writing, you need an editor.
It doesn’t matter if you are going to self-publish your book, or if you are planning to send the MS to an agent/publisher. You need an editor.

You say you spell-check your MS. I say you need an editor.
You say you use paperrater.com or grammarly.com.  I say you still need an editor.
You mean to ask a friend or family member to edit and/or proofread your book? I advise you not to. Instead, get an editor.

Never publish an unedited book. It doesn’t matter if your storyline is great, no one will know about your story if your novel is sinking in typos, misused words and phrases. You will not only lose readers; you may besmirch your own reputation.

And I am not even talking about authors who, like me, are not native speakers. For us, hiring an editor is mandatory (as well as for everyone else (: ).

Editing is not cheap, but reputation is priceless. And luckily, there are editors whose prices are affordable for beginners like us.

I was lucky to find editors who saved me and my books from disgrace. And because I wish my fellow authors nothing but success, I will share their contacts with you:







These ladies are wonderful editors and will help you out with your novels.


p.s. I wish my editors would also edit my blog posts :)

Photo taken from http://enggroup1.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/peer-editing-reflection/

1 comment:

  1. A belated thank-you for the mention -- I just saw this! My site is http://www.editforindies.com.

    ReplyDelete