Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

If JK Rowling Cares About Writing...

If JK Rowling Cares About Writing, She Should Stop Doing It 


You can read the controversial article here.

You can also engage into the discussion on Amazon, which I started in an attempt to ask people stop 1-starring Lynn Shepherd's books on Amazon.

People were criticizing Lynn Shepherd for talking about the books she hadn't read, but they're doing that same thing now. My original post was longer, where I was explaining why this whole story might become a recurring habit of attacking the authors whenever someone, for any reason, might disagree with them. After an unsuccessful edit the most of my post is gone (thank you, IE), but I'll try to say it again: our books are our Achilles heels. It's easy to hurt the authors by 1-starring their books. I have seen it happen on GoodReads. Even if you think you are fairly punishing someone, it is wrong to rate a book you have not read.
I know how hard we, the authors, struggle to put our books out there, how many sleepless nights we spend working on our manuscripts, how much our eyes hurt (I have missed my deadline because my eyes have been aching badly recently). I know how much we treasure every single review unless we make the name for ourselves. I know how devastated we feel sometimes, but nevertheless, continue writing, because writing is the best thing in the world!

Please, be kinder. Remember, an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

p.s. something is wrong with my blog; why are the letters in different sizes? And why are words missing even after I put them back and save the doc? Oh, damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment