Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Is this the writers' anthem?

Just stumbled upon something very funny on YouTube. Weird Al Yankovic strikes again. I thought nothing, nothing could be better than the "Amish Paradise," but I was wrong. 
This could easily be the writers' official anthem. Or maybe this suits more to editors and proofreaders? I hung my head in shame when I recollected the typos in my first book. That's why now I have two editors and one proofreader. And oh, last night I was reading George R.R. Martin and found two typos in his traditionally published TSOIAF. I have even highlighted them 3:) And there were three typos in Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time." Still doesn't make me feel better about my own typos.
But wait, I got carried away a bit. Weird Al Yankovic - Word Crimes.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Word Crimes 

 


Very funny. And very true. The lyrics are great, as always.
For example:

Say you got a "It"
Followed by apostrophe, "s"
Now what does that mean?
You would not use this in this case
As a possessive
It's a contraction
What's a contraction?
Well, it's the shortening of a word, or a group of words
By the emission of a sound or letter.


Enjoy the song and proofread your books. At least twice ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment