Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Author Lois Duncan Has Passed Away

Just learned that author Lois Duncan has passed away today. She's probably most famous for "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and other YA suspense novels (I had reviewed IKWYDLS back in November 2015). I didn't knew Lois Duncan personally, but I am so saddened by the news of her dead I can't stop thinking of her. I followed her on Facebook and to me she had become a friend, someone whom I admired and whose career I followed. She had written over 50 books and had sold hundreds of thousands copies worldwide. She was a pioneer of Young Adult Suspense genre and had some of the most original story lines. As far as I know Lois was over 80, and she'd sometimes post on FB how hard life was for elderly people. She had recently moved to a new place, and I remember so well when she posted on Facebook that she felt she had reached the last haven. It was sad to read about her constant pain in the back, but despite all that pain just a few months ago she found time to send hundreds of autographed books to her readers. She was a wonderful person, a truly great, inspiring author, and she will be greatly missed by all her readers all over this wide world.
Rest in peace, Lois. Thank you for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment